Admissions policy consultation
Admissions Consultation - 1 November 2019 to 13 December 2019.
Holy Trinity C of E Secondary School’s Over-subscription Criteria for admissions from 2021/22.
We are running a consultation process regarding proposed changes to our admissions policy.
Please read the following document and use the online form link at the bottom to comment, if this matter is of interest to you. (Paper copies are also available on request - if you would like a paper version please email email@example.com)
1 November 2019 to 13 December 2019.
Please see the documents below relating to the consultation process for amendments to the Holy Trinity C of E Secondary School’s Over-subscription Criteria for admissions from 2021/22.
We are running the consultation process with other interested parties from 1 November 2019 until 13 December 2019. There will be no change to our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) of 210.
Below is a list of the proposed changes:
- The Heading of the Document: The year has been changed to 2021/22. This is when the new criteria will become effective.
- Staff Definition. This is a standard script taken from the School Admissions Code 2014.
- Basketball Definition. This is based on the student having a Basketball registration number, and reference from a Coach regarding length of membership, and whether the student played on a national level.
- Additional category – Category 11 - All other children. In order to accommodate the Basketball Category as Category 10.
- SIF (Supplementary Information Forms) receipts will not be posted – this is a cost saving measure. In excess of 170 SIF’s are received annually. They will be handed to the submitter in person, or attached to the SIF if received by post.
- Clarification of “1 Full Term” for Year 7 on-hold list: The end of the first Term, would be December and not in the Summer Term (which is the 3rd Term). Changed term from “Summer” to “December”.
- Changing from the School holding the on-hold list to WSCC holding the on-hold list.
The school will only have to review the waiting list if there have been any additional SIF’s received since the last review. As the school cannot offer places, it makes sense for WSCC to confirm the category with the school should a space open up. (Leaves all the data in one place and should simplify the process.)
Please click on the link to view the full proposed Admission Arrangements and Over-subscription Criteria with the changes highlighted in yellow:
Please click on the links below to see the Supplementary Information Forms (SIFS):
Should you wish to make any comments, please click the link below, it will allow you to lodge comments against the specific changes that are being reviewed. Only comments relating to the changes will be considered.