The Chichester Refectory
At Holy Trinity we have a purpose built refectory and kitchen, serving a wide variety of affordable main meals and light snacks. Our catering partners, Caterlink, provide a fast, friendly service and all food is freshly cooked and prepared on the premises. The menus are usually changed on a termly basis.
To view the latest caterlink Holy Trinity catering page please click on the logo below.
Caterlink™ is the trading name of Cater Link Limited. Company No:3732298.
Registered Office: The Waterfront, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire RG6 1PT
Cashless Payment System
We have a cashless payment system for our school meals. It enables us to deliver a much faster service in The Refectory and does away with the need for you to send your child into school with cash every day. It also ensures that money is spent as you intend.
If students wish to be able to purchase food and drink from The Refectory the following steps need to be completed to create an account:-
- The parent/carer must complete and sign a 'Consent Form - For The Use Of Biometric Information In School'. To link to this form click here. These forms are also available for your child to collect from ICT Support, located in room G100 or can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Details regarding the use of the Biometric system are included on the consent form.
- The consent form must be returned by the student to ICT Support (room G100) where a Biometric scan of the student's finger or thumb will be taken and an account will then be created.
The account can now be topped up using the following methods:
a) By Debit or Credit card via the school's online payment system - Tucasi Scopay. Details of which are included under the Internet Payments Using this option will allow you to both ensure that your child's lunch money is being spent in The Refectory and review your child's purchase history.
b) Cheques made payable to Caterlink Ltd. These cheques should be taken to the Refectory where they can be added to the student's account by a member of the Caterlink staff.
c) Cash via the revaluation machine located in the entrance to The Refectory. (See picture below.)
You can credit the account with any amount, although payments made monthly, half termly or termly are preferred.
There is a daily spending limit of £4 e.g. you may choose to credit your child's account with £30, but no more than £4 can be spent in any one day. This can be varied by a parent/carer request to the Finance Team at email@example.com
To obtain a meal, students collect a tray and cutlery, select the food they require and take it to the till, where the biometric scan of their finger/thumb is taken and the account debited accordingly.
Please note the following important information regarding cashless catering at Holy Trinity:-
- It is a student's responsibility to know their current balance, as credit will not be given at The Refectory.
- Before using The Refectory students should ensure that they have sufficient funds in their account.
- Students who do not have sufficient funds on their account will not be served and will be referred to the Finance Office.
- Students should make any payments or raise queries with The Refectory before the end of break i.e. 11.30am.
Refunds on the cashless catering accounts are only given for balances greater than £5.
To request a refund please complete the form here. This version will allow you to upload screenshots of the balance. Where the balance is small or difficult to verify another way i.e. we cannot access the system, it can help Caterlink to process the refund much faster, but you will need a google account. If you do not have a google account then you can use this link instead: CaterLink Ltd parent refund form - No Upload.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals they will still need to create an account as explained in points 1 & 2 above. The student will then have their Free School Meal daily allowance of (currently) £2.45 which is available to spend but DOES NOT show on a student's balance when checked. The system will then work in exactly the same way as for other students. Meals not taken will NOT carry over to the following day. Parents/carers can, if they wish, "top up" their child's account to allow for extra purchases
Free school meals are available at Holy Trinity School if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from National Asylum Support Service (NASS) under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
You can apply on-line at:
Or you can complete the Registration Form below and either return it to The Finance Office (Room G109) or post to:
West Sussex County Council
Free School Meals, Pupil Support
2nd Floor, The Grange
(Click here for link to registration form)
Registration Forms are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or requesting one from the Finance Team.
Please be aware, if you are transferring from a school outside of the West Sussex County Council catchment area you will need to reapply to West Sussex County Council for Free School Meals.